Things to do
There is so much to do on, and in the vicinity of Pyesmead Farm, we have included a few suggestions below and in some cases some links with some more details.
- Coarse fishing on our 2 well stocked private lakes (see photos on our “About Us” page).
- Swimming in our own heated indoor pool.
- The New Forest is just on the door step, for walking and cycling. See the ponies running wild on the commons.
- Walking and cycling in New Forest, and the Test Valley.
- Horse riding.
- Several golf courses.
- The South Coast is only half an hour away with places like Lymington, Christchurch and Bournemouth for coastal walks or beaches.
- Lyndhurst is in the heart of the Forest, where there is also a museum about the history of the New Forest, as well as many pretty villages besides.
- The ancient cities of Salisbury and Winchester with their cathedrals, and the pretty towns of Romsey and Stockbridge within easy reach.
- Hillier Gardens.
- Mottisfont Abbey, famous for its rose gardens.
- Exbury Gardens & Steam Railway, famous for its Azaleas.
- Beaulieu Motor Museum and Bucklers Hard.
- Paultons Park (see more details below).
- Portsmouth historic dockyard (see more details below).
- Marwell Zoo.
- Hawk conservancy.
- Wilton House.
- Army flying museum, Middle Wallop.
- Day trips to the Isle of Wight.
- Monkey World (as seen on TV).
- Things to do in Hampshire
More details about things to do in the area:
Paultons Family Theme Park
Paultons Park in Hampshire, on the edge of the New Forest, offers a great family day out with over 50 different attractions and rides included in the price. The variety of things to see and do includes thrilling and gentle rides, dinosaurs, museums, animated shows, play areas, exotic birds and other fun activities for all ages in garden setting.